Sunday, December 11, 2011

Melburbia Is Complete!

Five months of research, three months drawing and one month of production. Melburbia was a grueling challenge of my patience and drawing skills. Looking back, of course I'm glad I did it but perhaps it was a little premature in the career timeline. I would have liked to do some more life drawing classes before creating the book; I felt like I was spending more time on getting the characters' bodies right than their performances.

The book itself came out beautifully. I set out to make a unique book that the owner would feel privileged to have. If you'd like to purchase the book, visit: http://metedesign.com.au/shop/

Huge thanks to everyone involved, whether you've read it, given feedback or followed the process. 









Where to from here? I'm looking to animate Melburbia. I just need to learn how to animate...

More soon!

Cheers,

Mete.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about your project on the Man Vs Art show. I really love this sketchy linework style you have going on here, especially on the cover! The inside looks neat too. Congratulations on your project, man.

    ReplyDelete